Friday, February 24, 2023

Dream Telling

 


When I was a young boy I had dreams.  Dreams of nature with all her wonders, I could hear the call.  I had dreams of falling from high places, but something always caught my fall.

When I was a teenager I had dreams.  Dreams of a father I never knew, dreams of fishing & hunting the great outdoors & dreams of traveling a road unknown. 

When I was a young man I had dreams, dreams of a girl, I fell in love.  Dreams of a great ocean & what’s beyond the sand & dreams of lands I didn’t understand.

When I was a middle aged man I had dreams.  Dreams of women who held my hand, dreams of victory over an untamed horror & dreams of playing music in a band.

When I was an older man I had dreams, dreams of walking a beach of soft sand, dreams of talking to animals of every kind & dreams of flying high & soaring with the wind.

When I was a greying man I had dreams.  Dreams of forgiveness for those that hurt, dreams of understanding all there is to know & dreams of sharing dreams I’ve never sold…so they’ve never been told. 🐝

Book of James Chapter 5. Friday 4:30 AM EST 




No comments:

A Sliver of Light

This early morning, I look and see a fading sliver of light, shrouded by clouds from nowhere near. Then the night light becomes clearer, a...