Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Crossroad


 I am at a crossroad in life

One way is darkness & the fear of the unknown

The other way is the the light & a promised future

I have been here before & am lucky to still have life

Like any traveler you think of past journeys

You rely on memories to help you decide

But this crossing is different, for it may be my last

No longer a young man, I feel the urgency of time

But nothing about this decision seems to rhyme

A crossroad, another in an endless maze of confusion

Lord, it seems the road with the light is the choice

But in the darkness I feel the pain of so many others

They’re trying to turn back, but the road is blocked

A crossroad…one way you help yourself & surely live

The other way you unblock the road…& possibly die

After years of travel an answer I received:

“It is not for you to choose the dark or light road

You chose the road of Light long ago

But rather, to listen to the air & follow the breeze

When all else fails & you can’t decide

Release those cares & listen for natures call

No road map do you need, this scene you’ve seen”

So I will take that chance & see what I see

Down this road of fear & darkness I’ll travel

Searching for those fallen off the path

Whose cries I hear in the day and the night

One more Lord, let me help just one more 

To light & find the path of Your Way

Because at the crossroad of the Cross

There is only one direction to His Saving Grace.

✨✝️🕊 Gospel of Matthew 25: 31-46  AMEN

No comments:

A Sliver of Light

This early morning, I look and see a fading sliver of light, shrouded by clouds from nowhere near. Then the night light becomes clearer, a...