Sunday, March 12, 2023

Living Waters

 


Those who know me better than just thru this blog, know this:

I listen to the Lutheran Hour Radio broadcast streamed on 95.7 FM The Ride out of Charlotte, North Carolina. It was my favorite station when I lived there.  Totally independent, classic rock, with the Lutheran Hour on from 6:30-7 AM on Sunday mornings.  Today’s message was on the Life Giving Water theme throughout the Bible Book of John.

  I do not think it’s just coincidence that the local Church I attend, Spark Church in Wesley Chapel, has been studying & messaging the Book of John & the stories of Jesus.  I’m late getting there this morning, but it’s just time.

They also know that I’m pretty good with a sling shot or wrist rocket.  My first sling shot filled my hands before I was 8 years old.  My best friend Chris & I would walk alley, path & trail ways looking for opportunities.   These would usually take the form of cans, bottles, trash etc. we’d see on our walk.  Occasionally a live target would venture out & fortunately always escape our projectiles.

But I remember one afternoon a squirrel was crossing a power line across the alley.  I took the shot, hit him hard right behind the front shoulder & down he came.  He didn’t move as we looked at our prize.  However, guilt soon set in as I realized my first kill, was an innocent squirrel or chicken of the forest in some areas.

What purpose did my kill provide other than verifying my good aim….none…wasn’t gonna eat it.  I could have accomplished the same thing shooting at a glass bottle with better sound effects & no guilt.

Life is like that lesson in many ways.  We often seek & work for an opportunity, a goal, a dream that often once realized brings us disappointment & regret for reasons out of our ability to control.

That’s our physical world, so in all your endeavors, search your heart for direction…it will guide your mind which will ease your soul & strengthen your spirit, as you purify your own living water…giving life where there is death, encouragement where there is disappointment & clarity where there are distractions from the truth.

The Spirit flows in all our veins, do not pass in vain; find it, feel it & let it be food & freedom for your soul.

Bible Book of John Chapters 4-6. ✨✝️🕊


Bryan A. Stross 3/12/2023. 9:20 AM EST 






No comments:

A Sliver of Light

This early morning, I look and see a fading sliver of light, shrouded by clouds from nowhere near. Then the night light becomes clearer, a...