Saturday, April 15, 2023

Holy & Promised Lands

Whether you realize it or not you live in holy lands.  All of Gods Creation is Holy…it is us that tarnish it. 

 In the Beastmaster post I referenced Psalm 83.  It is the last of 11 Psalms written by the musician Asaph.

Asaph was a Levite musician who lived at the time of King David, who ruled around 1000 B.C..  David had appointed Asaph Chief Musician of the Temple.  Later generations referred to him as “the seer” as they went on to prophesize their faith thru music & song.  He was the father of the Levite clan that served throughout the history of the temple in Israel.  

In Psalm 83 Asaph is crying out to the Lord to destroy Israel’s enemies.  He names them by country & tribe & prays to the Lord to vanquish them as He has others in the past.  Read Psalm 83 carefully, do you see any parallels to what’s happening today??

Written over 3000 years ago, it’s not symbolic of today, it’s history actually repeating itself before your eyes.

How do we as modern Americans relate to ancient words?  How do we read between the lines for hidden truths?  Well, it starts with your relationship with God.  It is personal first, get yourself right, then you can look around & help make this world a better place.

Through my relationship with God, He has blessed me with relating to His Words.  I read a passage like Psalm 83 & I don’t think of the past, can’t change that.  No, I look for its meaning & relatability to todays world & how it can be used for a better future.

So, Asaph is distressed over the threats to King David & the Holy Lands of Israel & cries out in song.  Do you see any similarities to today??  There’s plenty.

I have always thought of Israel as the Holy Lands & America as the Promised Lands.  We are so blessed in so many ways as a country, that we take it for granted.  We have it so good, others want a piece of it.

Psalm 83 versus 1-8 is exactly our world today.  Just change the countries of old that plotted to destroy Israel to how China, Russia, Iran & others are forming alliances to take us down as a nation today.  I’m not rewriting these words, I’m relating to them.

These countries look for weaknesses to exploit & take advantage of.  We have by far the weakest & most corrupt group of leaders in Washington right now than ever before.  The failures of leadership that caused the mayhem in the Afghanistan withdrawal embolden our enemies.  A President who is weak, frail & senile.  A country divided over itself.  A border wide open & military men in leadership roles who identify as women & wear dresses.  Yeah that’s who I wanna go to battle with, someone who doesn’t even know their gender I want no where near a trigger.

People look to Revelations for guidance on the future.  Many are confused.  You have to look throughout the Book of Life to understand this life.  Not one passage, not one chapter.  From beginning to end the Bible is history, your history, past present & future.

With that the case in fact, I could go thru Revelations & point out moments in world history many of these plaques, calamities & events have already taken place.   I can show you where I believe we are as a people, nation & world right now….& I can show you the future, I just don’t own the hands of time, but I can hold them.  I can do this thru Faith & thru how I relate to God & how He relates to me.  It’s a wonderful relationship that all His faithful have or will one day see, because it is ours & your destiny.

So, what does history tell us?  It tells us every time Gods faithful was challenged…they came out on top.  You want proof…the Six Day War & World War Two come to my mind and there are 100’s more less dramatic & global examples of Faith prevailing over falsehood.  It has, it does, it always will. 

But, do not let that spoil you into complacency, that’s what got us here.  We must be strong, smart & steadfast in our resolve to do for ourselves & protect our faith, even knowing He’ll save our butts if needs be.

One last thought.  Evil, as I have said & written, hides in darkness.  It often can not be dealt with unless exposed.  What is happening in our schools, government & world today is all part of Gods Master Plan.  A plan to embolden evil, so it exposes itself & is ultimately destroyed.  

Evil has been chained for a long time.  He’s out in force now gathering his unholy armies, for a short time anyway.  Where are we in the Book of Life…right where we’re supposed to be & where He wants us to be.  No one knows exactly, but my Faith tells me we’re beyond the symbolic 1000 years time stamp & more in the middle of Chapter 20 in Revelations.  Read Revelations 20 verses 7&8, I think you’ll see it.

Just my opinions of course & if you’re wondering how I came to this conclusion…well there’s over 300 posts on this blog & many speak to this very point.  I don’t like to repeat myself unless I’m paid, so it’s there to read & relate to, for free…as it was given to me.

Have a great weekend, read a bit of the Good Book at some point….you might be surprised what it says.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have some animals to tend. 

✨✝️๐Ÿ•Š ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿฆ… ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿ

No comments:

A Sliver of Light

This early morning, I look and see a fading sliver of light, shrouded by clouds from nowhere near. Then the night light becomes clearer, a...