Friday, July 25, 2008

A Simple Message From A Simple Man

All thru our lives we desire for people to know not just who we are, but what we are.

Doesn’t it make you feel good when someone introduces you by name and includes your title or profession? We work our whole lives to create not only financial substance but a societal ranking for ourselves and our family.

Obviously the higher your ranking the fewer your peers. And it stands to reason that the more “gifts” you have and can offer to society the greater your chance to climb societies ladder. This effort is borne out of determination, education, experience and who you associate with. But, there is one thing that most people don’t consider when they start and navigate their career path.

You can work and study your life away and climb society’s ladder to its’peak and still feel something is missing. Or, you can get about half way up that ladder and just can’t get to the next step. Or, you climb most of the way only to be knocked down time and again to a point where you feel like giving up.

What you must realize is that no matter what you do or how you do it, your faith and belief is the most important part of your journey thru this life. If you are so wrapped up in your career your faith, family and friends will suffer for it. Sure you may drive a Mercedes instead of a Chevy, but your son will miss you at his baseball game as you work late making some kind of deadline.

There is only one deadline that should concern you and that is to accept the Word of God into your life before it is too late and your inner suffering affects your outward attitude and actions.

As I stated we strive for recognition. It is human nature to want to feel good and have people feel good about and around you. When you are known amongst society you are introduced as to your title or profession. So what are you today? That is the question I ask myself this Sunday morning here in Northeast Florida. I ask myself this question because I hear and sense people around me asking, “Who is that?” And some actually have given me titles I certainly am not worthy of.

I have reached a point where the old saying, “actions speak louder than words” has truly hit home with me. Thru the Grace of God, the Love of Christ and the prayers of the faithful my spirit has ventured out into society to do the Lords Will as He guides me on my life journey.

My career is in sound and lighting for entertainment and production purposes. However, my faith controls my overall actions and help enhance my career. I do not seek attention, and I do not like crowds. I do however feel the Lord has directed me to show His Works and what you can do when you believe in His Powers and how they can form your life and enhance the lives of others.

Much of these acts you do as you go along, like feeling your way in the dark. If you are at home and the lights go out you are familiar with your surroundings and you can move around in relative ease. If however you are in a new home, or a friends home and the lights go out you feel lost and vulnerable as you struggle to find your way.

Some of the acts I do I have done before. Many of the places I go I have been before. But what is really cool is when I do something I’ve never done before in a place I’ve never seen before. These are the times I know the Lord is working thru me in what many consider “magical.” It is not magic, it is not an illusion, it is more than that. It is divine intervention and it is one of the greatest achievements you can experience in this life, no matter your rank in society. Trust me, the feelings are awesome.

So I ask myself, who am I? I ask God, what do You want me to be, how can I best serve You in efforts to serve my fellow man? The answers have been something I have searched for my whole life. No matter how low or high, how rich or poor, this question has always been there.

I am nothing more than you, the son or daughter of another son or daughter. I am the son of my father, who is the son of his father. Christ is the Son of God. We are the sons and daughters of men and women. But the beauty of this is we can live our lives striving for the wisdom and perfection that Christ was graced with as the Son of God.

The Bible tells us to live our lives as Christ would live His. This is a tall order and a great challenge with all the carnage, hate and crime surrounding us. But as time goes on the good prevails and the hate fades away. You must trust in God for this deliverance, for if we don’t, it will never come and our world will continue to deteriorate and our children will suffer in a world of hate we can not even conceive of.

So I ask again, who am I? My Lord has directed me to receive, understand and deliver this answer. I am a messenger, a musician and storyteller. A researcher and writer. A seeker and a finder. My mission, if you will, is to help explain the mysteries of the world and the Wisdom of the Word. I do not have, nor will ever claim to have, all the answers you may seek. But I commit to you I will do my best to get the answers if they are unknown to me, within my abilities to do so and the Grace of God to be Blessed with the answers we all seek. I am not the only one, but I am only one.

God has a plan and as part of that plan you need backup supplies, people, and plans in case something unexpected should happen. I am a simple man with a simple message given free will to develop it and share it the best I possibly can.

The Lord will return as the Word has promised. The time of that Return is sealed until that Glorious Day in this worlds’ history. In the meantime we have time to make this the best planet we possibly can before His Return.

When your parents come to visit don’t you spend a lot of time cleaning and preparing for the visit? Of course you do. Well, we must do the same. We want our Lord to be proud of our accomplishments and not angry at our dirt and waste. Look around you and clean up a bit. This is a simple message by a simple man. Take heed to do right and be honest and the message will be easier to understand and accomplish.

Today’s message: Give someone a hug and hold that hug for as long as you want, no matter what others may think or what trivial rules someone has tried to constrain you with.

Mans’ trivial rules are meant to be manipulated and broken if necessary.
Gods’ Holy Commandments are meant to be followed to the letter.

Follow His Path and you will be blessed with His Message.

Gods’ Graces to you and yours always and forever more.

In His service:


© Bryan A. Stross
Original March 24th, 2008
Revised July 25th, 2008
BAS …;}…. Psalm 26

No comments:

Reflections of Hell

It is easy to think of the grandeurs of heaven, not so to perceive the depths of hell.   Many of us are afraid to even consider it; that’s s...