Thursday, May 18, 2023

A Childs Toys


I have said my life is an open book & it is.  I have bared a lot of my soul in this blog as that is what my spirit has led me to do.  But, I haven’t revealed everything, so here is a very recent experience from this past Sunday.

Very few who know me know I visit cemeteries occasionally.  I am not obsessed with them, but at times I seek the quiet & the serenity of peace a cemetery can provide.  I have never been scared or unnerved & as a matter of fact I often feel a connection, even to those I’ve never known. 

This past Sunday I visited a small cemetery I drive by almost everyday.  I had never been there before.  It had 3 dirt roads, front, middle & back….I drove down the back road with the graves on my left & an old wooden fence to my right.  I saw several graves of teenagers who passed well before their time.  At the end I found several old headstones & a monument so worn you couldn’t read the inscriptions.  As I usually do I look at the names & dates & clean up a bit.  Sandhill cranes like to dislodge flowers & the wind blows over decorative canisters.  I pick them up, straighten them out & move along, enjoying the quiet & feeling good for the accomplishment.  But, then something catches my eye & I remember what else our eyes are good for.

I had walked back to the mid point of the back road & found a bunch of graves in disarray.  There was one in particular that got my attention.  It is the one on the left side of the picture with the white stones & flowers on it.  As I cleared the weeds & sand from the head stone…I noticed the dates.  This was an infants grave, having only lived a day.  As I knelt I was overcome with emotion & my eyes watered for a child who never knew this world.  As I stood up I looked around and my heart sunk as my soul cried.  The graves all around me, 16 if I recall, were all infant graves, most of who visited this earth for less than a day.  I was numb and knelt back to my knees, offering a prayer for these little ones, whose spirit I hoped had found new homes.  The Lord watches over & protects His flock & these little ones He holds dearest, as we all know.

The picture you see, is the after pic.  After I had cleaned up the area a bit & did a little something extra.  Many may think it’s the Cross being placed in the center.  Well that was laying on the ground by the statue of St. Francis of Assisi & I did place it, but that’s not what made this moment special.  Here’s the rest of the story….

When I walked into the area I noticed that grave with the white stones.  I do not have the before picture, but I will tell you it was the only grave in that area with toys.

Actually it had about 20 some toys on it, where the other 15 had none.  A generous family one may think, but as I sat & stared at that white stone grave with all the toys & the others with none, sadness overcame me. I sat there for a good 5 minutes looking at all those toys & an idea came to me.

I thought…if I was a young boy with lots of toys and my friends didn’t have any what would I do?  Put yourself in the mind of a young child who does not know selfishness or greed, these thoughts are foreign to an innocent mind.  So I thought, I know exactly what this little boy would do….so I did it for him.

I took all the toys off those white stones, I left a couple that were by the headstone & a couple more but the rest…I shared, just as any innocent child would do.  I put one toy on each head stone….that’s the pic you see.

Now this little boy has 15 happy playmates, who look to him as a generous friend, rather than a callous hoarder.  I know, I know what you’re thinking…but I don’t think that way.  It is not a sacrilege to decorate & arrange the top of a grave & the trinkets were placed by living folks…I just tidied up a bit, in the Grace of sharing & the actions of spirit guided emotions.

It is not the first time I’ve felt spiritual emotions, some I have documented in this blog, others remain untold & will remain so out of respect & privacy.  I will just say this…when spirits talk it’s not a voice, it’s a quiet whisper that only your inner self hears & reacts to.

If your inner self is polluted with desires of this physical world, you’ll never hear the whispers of the spiritual world.  And rest assured if in faith you live, evil spirits won’t even try to disrupt your peace…they’ll just move on to easier pickings.

There’s one last thing I found odd about the white stone infant grave.  As I cleared the toys to share with the others I noticed small plastic snakes, about a dozen of them of all different colors.  I picked them all out of the stones & threw em in the trash, no infant should have snakes on his grave…& this one doesn’t either…anymore or forever more. ✨✝️🕊🙏  🐝

Book of Matthew 18: 10-14

No comments:

A Sliver of Light

This early morning, I look and see a fading sliver of light, shrouded by clouds from nowhere near. Then the night light becomes clearer, a...